Monday, October 20, 2008

Procrastination....

I've heard that authors....in fact, I've heard that really the very BEST authors....procrastinate. Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT putting myself in that category. I gave my opinions on procrastinating as it applies to me last time.

So....here it is Monday again, and again I have an assignment as a warm-up for NaNo, and it is clearly obvious that I did NOT finish and post Warm-Up Exercises one OR two before going to the Conference. And guess what? The third one's not here either.

All righty, then. The Very Next Post you see here will be the first assignment, followed in turn by numbers 2 and 3.

And yes, it WILL be before the turn of the century.

I hope.

Just sayin'.

Nevermind.

PS: the Writers' Retreat was all I had hoped for -- and more. So even though I haven't posted any writing *here* yet, I really did come home with inspiration, understanding of a great deal, and enthusiasm - not to mention having had the uncommon pleasure of hearing two of the best writers of children's stories... Holly Black (Spiderwick Chronicles) and Linda Sue Park (A Single Shard, which won the Newbery). I didn't know to expect it, but being in the presence of highly successful authors like that was as inspiring as anything I could imagine. I wondered if I might come away feeling really *down* and inept, but I did not. The whole thing was most excellent.

No comments: